Goodyear

Stable but boring

Engineer (Current Employee)
Akron, OH

I have been working at Goodyear full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company provides good benefits. The competition is not very cut throat. If you want a stable job and don't care for moving up the ranks, this company is for you. Good suburbs not very far from HQ for raising family (cost of living wise).

ConsThe company is old. It is boring and bureaucratic. Old ways. Senior leadership is old and risk averse. If you are moving from out of town, do you research on the location. While the cost of living is not high, North east Ohio is not for young people looking for diversity.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake risks.

Great Experiences and a good place to learn and grow for green graduates

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Akron, OH

I worked at Goodyear full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay and benefit is above average; opportunity is available if… Cons: some Office politics do exit Advice to Senior Management: being consist with strategy More

Treated awfully, lazy employees, inept managers

General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I worked at Goodyear full-time for more than a year

Pros: There were some good people that worked there. I was… Cons: I did anything from oil changes and tires to fluid flushes, suspension replacements and alignments and was paid a low hourly wage for it. … Advice to Senior Management: Take better care of your employees, and start paying them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Goodyear.

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodyear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodyear CEO Richard J. (Rich) Kramer. All reviews posted anonymously by Goodyear employees.