Goodyear
www.goodyear.com Akron, OH 5000+ Employees

Goodyear gave me the background to become one of the best salesmen in the industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodyear

ProsThe best in the industry, excellent training facilities for a person that is just starting out with the tire industry. The product manufactured by the company is the top of the line. I have sold the Goodyear product as an independent sales man for many years and have not had too many disappointed customers.

ConsThe company produces an inferior product and expect the consumer to accept the new and improved product without any reservations. The company should have the same philosophy with previous employees especially when the infraction was over a decade.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be open minded with their previous employees as they expect the consumer to be with their products.

Good but not enough money for the work.

General Service Technician (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Goodyear full-time for less than a year

Pros: great work enviroment, great for start in automotive repair and… Cons: too much work very little pay, they expect too much for the money, you will never in your entire life working there get not even… Advice to Senior Management: if a store closes at 7 and a costumer comes in last minute and employee stays to help and he works 9 hours instead of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It's all about the politics. Not about abilities or work ethic.

Various (Former Employee)
Akron, OH

I worked at Goodyear full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Compensation is among the best in the industry. Most people… Cons: They feel that they pay you well enough that they own you- your time, your opinions and your thoughts. There is a very rigid… Advice to Senior Management: Be more open to new ideas. Listen to all employees- not just the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Goodyear.

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodyear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodyear CEO Richard J. (Rich) Kramer. All reviews posted anonymously by Goodyear employees.