Goodyear

www.goodyear.com
  www.goodyear.com
There are newer employer reviews for Goodyear

This location has been the best move this far!!

Current Employee - Auto Technician in Simpsonville, SC
Current Employee - Auto Technician in Simpsonville, SC

I have been working at Goodyear full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Store manager is great, steady work, great location, loyal customers, they offer great insurance. Vacation pay is nice as well. Flexible work schedule

Cons

No pension if hired after 1/1/2003, Upper management never seems satisfied. Firearms are not even allowed in your vehicle even for CWP holders. ENTIRELY to much bureaucratic paperwork!! It will take anyone at least 45-60 minutes to properly perform an oil change and tire rotation. Even longer if the vehicle needs something

I would recommend looking into coming up with some sort of business model for stores. I.E. 10 bay store should have 2 techs, 1 GMT, 4 GS's, 2 sales associates, service manager and one store manager. Right now it's just what ever it is... Busier stores having a hard time getting employees seems crazy from a business standpoint. The paperwork plus being short-handed equals less car count and less $$$

232 Other Employee Reviews for Goodyear (View Most Recent)

Typical big, slow industrial company

I worked at Goodyear full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Put in your time and you can do pretty well for yourself. Been around for a long time, weathered a lot, and probably will be around for a long time still.

Cons

Spend a lot of time working on certifications, without always fundamentally changing culture or behaviors. Seniority matters more than it probably should.

Put yourself in your employee's shoes. If something doesn't work because of X, address X. You won't get the buyin you need otherwise.

Didn't like. Mainly because I am not a people person. My bad.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Springfield, IL

I worked at Goodyear full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is an established company with superior products.

Cons

Typical employees who have little work ethic and rude and disrespectful customers. On your feet all day. Too many competitors in the same area.

None.