There are newer employer reviews for Goodyear

This location has been the best move this far!!

Current Employee - Auto Technician in Simpsonville, SC
Current Employee - Auto Technician in Simpsonville, SC

I have been working at Goodyear full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Store manager is great, steady work, great location, loyal customers, they offer great insurance. Vacation pay is nice as well. Flexible work schedule

Cons

No pension if hired after 1/1/2003, Upper management never seems satisfied. Firearms are not even allowed in your vehicle even for CWP holders. ENTIRELY to much bureaucratic paperwork!! It will take anyone at least 45-60 minutes to properly perform an oil change and tire rotation. Even longer if the vehicle needs something

Advice to Management

I would recommend looking into coming up with some sort of business model for stores. I.E. 10 bay store should have 2 techs, 1 GMT, 4 GS's, 2 sales associates, service manager and one store manager. Right now it's just what ever it is... Busier stores having a hard time getting employees seems crazy from a business standpoint. The paperwork plus being short-handed equals less car count and less $$$

Other Employee Reviews for Goodyear

I found that the 'good old boy club' and its bureaucracy, demoralized IT professionals all the way down the org. chart.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at Goodyear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tried and tried to find some! I am an experienced IT professional who was responsible for critical data. Joined several professional organizations and process improvement teams. Any ideas I suggested were met with negativity.

Cons

Bureaucracy, when asked why it had to be that way, no one knew! There were silos within departments; no concept of a cross-functional or cross-silo team. My work ended up being 'piece-work'

Advice to Management

Management should realize they do not really know which policies and procedures are being filtered down to the worker. Also, they are not being told what is really going on in their troops unless they ask the non-management employees. A survey is not effective.

2. Typical big, slow industrial company

I worked at Goodyear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Put in your time and you can do pretty well for yourself. Been around for a long time, weathered a lot, and probably will be around for a long time still.

Cons

Spend a lot of time working on certifications, without always fundamentally changing culture or behaviors. Seniority matters more than it probably should.

Advice to Management

Put yourself in your employee's shoes. If something doesn't work because of X, address X. You won't get the buyin you need otherwise.