Goodyear

www.goodyear.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Goodyear

Best company I have ever worked for during my career.

I worked at Goodyear full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and good benefits. Excellent 401k plan. Great people, products and top notch systems. Excellent leadership. Great strategic plan and vision. Great ethics. Great CEO.

Cons

Heavy debt obligations consumed a lot of cash generated by operations which limited amount of cash that could be deployed for growth. However that was improving.

Continue to execute strategic plans. Continue to increase efforts to empower employees. Invest more in plants.

253 Other Employee Reviews for Goodyear (View Most Recent)

This location has been the best move this far!!

Current Employee - Auto Technician in Simpsonville, SC
    Current Employee - Auto Technician in Simpsonville, SC

I have been working at Goodyear full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Store manager is great, steady work, great location, loyal customers, they offer great insurance. Vacation pay is nice as well. Flexible work schedule

Cons

No pension if hired after 1/1/2003, Upper management never seems satisfied. Firearms are not even allowed in your vehicle even for CWP holders. ENTIRELY to much bureaucratic paperwork!! It will take anyone at least 45-60 minutes to properly perform an oil change and tire rotation. Even longer if the vehicle needs something

I would recommend looking into coming up with some sort of business model for stores. I.E. 10 bay store should have 2 techs, 1 GMT, 4 GS's, 2 sales associates, service manager and one store manager. Right now it's just what ever it is... Busier stores having a hard time getting employees seems crazy from a business standpoint. The paperwork plus being short-handed equals less car count and less $$$

I found that the 'good old boy club' and its bureaucracy, demoralized IT professionals all the way down the org. chart.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at Goodyear full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tried and tried to find some! I am an experienced IT professional who was responsible for critical data. Joined several professional organizations and process improvement teams. Any ideas I suggested were met with negativity.

Cons

Bureaucracy, when asked why it had to be that way, no one knew! There were silos within departments; no concept of a cross-functional or cross-silo team. My work ended up being 'piece-work'

Management should realize they do not really know which policies and procedures are being filtered down to the worker. Also, they are not being told what is really going on in their troops unless they ask the non-management employees. A survey is not effective.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodyear