Goodyear
www.goodyear.com Akron, OH 5000+ Employees

Best company I have ever worked for during my career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodyear full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompetitive pay and good benefits. Excellent 401k plan. Great people, products and top notch systems. Excellent leadership. Great strategic plan and vision. Great ethics. Great CEO.

ConsHeavy debt obligations consumed a lot of cash generated by operations which limited amount of cash that could be deployed for growth. However that was improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to execute strategic plans. Continue to increase efforts to empower employees. Invest more in plants.

This location has been the best move this far!!

Auto Technician (Current Employee)
Simpsonville, SC

I have been working at Goodyear full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Store manager is great, steady work, great location, loyal customers, they… Cons: No pension if hired after 1/1/2003, Upper management never seems satisfied. Firearms are not even allowed in your vehicle even for CWP holders. ENTIRELY to… Advice to Senior Management: I would recommend looking into coming up with some sort of business model for stores. I.E. 10 bay store should have 2 techs, 1… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Used to be a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodyear

Pros: Great salary, benefits,pension, and people. Cons: None. But it's a different company. They used… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Goodyear.

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodyear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodyear CEO Richard J. (Rich) Kramer. All reviews posted anonymously by Goodyear employees.