Goodyear

www.goodyear.com
  www.goodyear.com
There are newer employer reviews for Goodyear

Best company I have ever worked for during my career.

I worked at Goodyear full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and good benefits. Excellent 401k plan. Great people, products and top notch systems. Excellent leadership. Great strategic plan and vision. Great ethics. Great CEO.

Cons

Heavy debt obligations consumed a lot of cash generated by operations which limited amount of cash that could be deployed for growth. However that was improving.

Continue to execute strategic plans. Continue to increase efforts to empower employees. Invest more in plants.

232 Other Employee Reviews for Goodyear (View Most Recent)

This location has been the best move this far!!

Current Employee - Auto Technician in Simpsonville, SC
    Current Employee - Auto Technician in Simpsonville, SC

I have been working at Goodyear full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Store manager is great, steady work, great location, loyal customers, they offer great insurance. Vacation pay is nice as well. Flexible work schedule

Cons

No pension if hired after 1/1/2003, Upper management never seems satisfied. Firearms are not even allowed in your vehicle even for CWP holders. ENTIRELY to much bureaucratic paperwork!! It will take anyone at least 45-60 minutes to properly perform an oil change and tire rotation. Even longer if the vehicle needs something

I would recommend looking into coming up with some sort of business model for stores. I.E. 10 bay store should have 2 techs, 1 GMT, 4 GS's, 2 sales associates, service manager and one store manager. Right now it's just what ever it is... Busier stores having a hard time getting employees seems crazy from a business standpoint. The paperwork plus being short-handed equals less car count and less $$$

Typical big, slow industrial company

I worked at Goodyear full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Put in your time and you can do pretty well for yourself. Been around for a long time, weathered a lot, and probably will be around for a long time still.

Cons

Spend a lot of time working on certifications, without always fundamentally changing culture or behaviors. Seniority matters more than it probably should.

Put yourself in your employee's shoes. If something doesn't work because of X, address X. You won't get the buyin you need otherwise.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodyear