Google
4.2 of 5 2,287 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Great summer internship

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

ProsThe perks are just great, no downside, especially as an intern where I didn't really have a lot when I came. You can get or do almost anything on campus (laundry, food, car repairs, etc.). Get to work on cool/challenging projects with other smart people. I was able to make an impact almost immediately on this that were very far reaching throughout all of Google. I was also able to suggest additional improvements and implement them. This to me was amazing giving an intern the ability to suggest features and then go ahead and make them a reality. I would definitely suggest Google as a great place to intern.

ConsCertain groups are isolated from others building to building so there isn't a lot of collaboration between teams. This sucks because I'd like to know what other projects others are working so I can know see what's going on (a lot looks like it is behind closed doors). Work-life balance doesn't really exist, as working 10+hours a day seemed to be expected with people working 8-9 hours at work and then 2+ hours at home at night. The conversion process from intern to full-time doesn't seem to be very fair and open to what's actually going on. There were very few actual intern events, I had to organize a lot myself to actually meet other interns and not just code all summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't stress working so much and be more open in general.

Best place in the world

Software Engineering (Former Employee)

I worked at Google

Pros: Simple a great place to work. There are plenty of videos and articles… Cons: None, at all. Seriously. If anything they provide such a… Advice to Senior Management: You guys provide a great learning environment that fuels creativity.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

More and more disappointing

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google

Pros: -Benefits (medical, subsidized massage, food) -People (bright, high achievers) -Cool products that employees use and love -Frequent performance feedback (ratings given every… Cons: Some functions are really un-Googley! No work-life balance. No respect for people unlike themselves (e.g. you're not an ex-consultant? you're an idiot.) Teams under the… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage collaboration within and across teams Be comfortable with CHANGE and… More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.