Google
4.2 of 5 2,084 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2084 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great people, great perks, great environment

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Google

ProsAwesome food, great salary, wonderful coworkers. Lots of room for a self-starter to advance. Promotion can be quite rapid if you are determined and this is your goal. None of the cost/benefit approach to IT that you see at a lot of other companies.

ConsManagement can be clueless or absent at times. It can take a lot longer to get things done than you expect.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove blocks to rapid development and mandated platform use. Be more open in communication, particularly in explaining the reasons for controversial decisions.

Quirky, Fun, Supportive

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google

Pros: Great benefits, great culture, enthusiastic team Cons: Low pay, interview process is extremely rigorous. Advice to Senior Management: Keep on doing what you're doing! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The best employer I've ever had

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google

Pros: - available food onsite - very competitive salary - good bonuses - variety… Cons: - traffic in the morning around the main campus - no… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.