Google
4.2 of 5 2,101 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Great people, great perks, great environment

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Google

ProsAwesome food, great salary, wonderful coworkers. Lots of room for a self-starter to advance. Promotion can be quite rapid if you are determined and this is your goal. None of the cost/benefit approach to IT that you see at a lot of other companies.

ConsManagement can be clueless or absent at times. It can take a lot longer to get things done than you expect.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove blocks to rapid development and mandated platform use. Be more open in communication, particularly in explaining the reasons for controversial decisions.

Furthering my education

Recruiter (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Google

Pros: Career development, impact and range. Cons: Compensation and lack of transparency at times. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Everybody loves you

Visitor Greeter (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google

Pros: everyone wants to join Google because it is a giant party. Free Food, onsite everything, free seminars, movies and lectures. But… Cons: Engineers rule at Google. Leadership and management are weak, as these geeky guys and gals are more comfortable talking… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership matters. You can't just throw a bunch of engineers at a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.