Google
4.2 of 5 2,092 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2092 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, but the contracting experience makes you feel like an outsider

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google

ProsGreat perks, work-life balance, little hierarchy, genuinely friendly coworkers, great place to network and meet future entrepreneurs, diverse workplace, LGBT friendly, open culture, smart coworkers.

ConsAs a contractor there is a lack of transparency about the opportunity for conversion to permanent roles. Also, many young colleagues complain that no other company recruits so many bright people to then put them in very low level jobs with remedial tasks.

There are many things to love about working at Google, but the PEOPLE that work here are the best.

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google

Pros: Pick a passion and run with it. You make your… Cons: MBA/Mckinsey management takeover has depleted the entrepreneurial spirit in some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Interesting work and smart people, but very hierarchical

User Experience Designer (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Google

Pros: Great benefits, smart people, good connections, looks great on resume, interesting… Cons: Hierarchical, lots of levels of management, not a design focused company,… Advice to Senior Management: focus on new products are are simple and innovative rather… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.