There are newer employer reviews for Google

Rough introduction followed by good job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

We are plied with small perks like espresso and organic vegetables.

Cons

The first month was very rough for me. I was given no real introduction to the company, and had to learn by fire. The security restrictions on your personal computer and network get in the way of productivity, and are generally frustrating. I need to have a field tech come to my workstation to install software that doesn't happen to be whitelisted.

Advice to Management

Don't take away sudo on linux machines. Make Noogler classes available to contractors.

Other Employee Reviews for Google

Great internship experience and responsibility, but it definitely depends on which team you're on

Former Employee - Associate Product Marketing Manager Intern in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Very open communication from senior management all the way down to interns Vested interest in employees and personal development (GoogleEDU) Smartest / most creative people I've met

Cons

Slow recruiting and conversion process Such a large company that it's difficult to be organized (in terms of knowing how to get a certain piece of information or resource)

Advice to Management

Speed up the recruiting process because you lose valuable candidates when you wait too long to give decisions

2. Awesome

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

The people here are super cool. Everyone is so smart. Everyone is so nice. Lots of opportunity

Cons

There was nothing wrong there!