Google

www.google.com

It deserves it's "Best Place To Work" title.

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGoogle was founded based on the ideals of having a comfortable work environment, and it shows. Free food and tons and tons of benefits are available. Other examples include free bikes, on-site gyms and massages, free shuttle busses around the bay area, and even free co-op cars for employees who bike to work.

Aside from the benefits, the people at Google are also what makes it stand out: you'll constantly be in close proximity to some of the smartest people (albeit some are weird) around. Of course since there are so many projects, the work quality can vary, but I was extremely happy with my assigned work when I was there as an Intern.

ConsSince there are so make projects going on a Google, you may be hired and work on something not so interesting. Of course there are opportunities to change your team, it may take a while. Similarly, since some projects are just experimental projects, it's possible that your project is shut down and you're moved to something else.

Though not technically a 'downside', the only reason I am not returning to Google is because of the lack of hiring right now. I was interviewed and offered a full-time job, however it wasn't in the type of work that I wanted to do. This is also the case with a handful of other interns that I know.

Advice to Senior ManagementI didn't deal with Senior management enough to have an opinion.

Great benefits, the people depend on the group

Software Engineering (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google

Pros: Everyone knows they have great benefits, but apart from that they also have an amazing amount of resources, excellent process guidelines, and great information sources… Cons: People really do feel entitled. I've seen some of the pettiest, most childish and selfish behavior from Googlers. Of course they're not all like that,… Advice to Senior Management: I didn't experience any problems with management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Google is the place to work in the Tech space and should continue to be if Sr. Management makes some necessary tweaks.

Manager, Online Sales & Operations (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Google

Pros: -- Google employees are very bright (all have Ivy Educations) and enjoy coming to work everyday. The general sense that… Cons: -- Google is a very flat organization despite its size. As such, you really have to differentiate yourself (amongst almost… Advice to Senior Management: As Google becomes more focused on building products for businesses (as opposed to building products primarily for consumers), I think that Sr. Management needs to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!