Google
4.2 of 5 2,285 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Amazing place - part-innovation lab; part-college; part-book club

Manager (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

ProsThe best working environment I have ever seen. Everyone is generally a team player; everyone is very smart. The leadership will make big bets to try to make things better for the user; the internal transparency is rare and everyone shares information quite freely. The benefits are industry leading and the relative youth of the company keeps it a remarkably fun place to work.

ConsThere really isn't much that could be described as a Con. There are some growing pains as the company decides the right balance between more process and maintaining creativity and a slight sense of chaos in the various groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reward merit. Actively and visibly manage out poor performers and those who don't exhibit the cultural values we cherish so much.

The best place to work.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google

Pros: Brilliant coworkers, great benefits, good food, flexible schedule. Cons: Terrible commute and overpriced housing nearby. Some big company politics. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Unprecedented employee trust, difficult career advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Google

Pros: More than any other workplace, Google trusts its employees. Each engineer has… Cons: It's hard to get promoted. Performance is decided mostly by… Advice to Senior Management: Most managers at google have 20+ direct reports and are extremely busy, but the ones who take the time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.