Google
4.2 of 5 2,282 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Unprecedented employee trust, difficult career advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

ProsMore than any other workplace, Google trusts its employees. Each engineer has access to almost the entire codebase and there is very little micromanaging.

ConsIt's hard to get promoted. Performance is decided mostly by your peers, which means promotion is essentially a popularity contest.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost managers at google have 20+ direct reports and are extremely busy, but the ones who take the time to speak to their reports about what they need to do differently to advance their career are the stars.

A great place to write software

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google

Pros: Google has a fantastic engineering culture and an incredible practice of software development. Everyone in the company… Cons: Google is getting to be a quite large company. It's nearly impossible to know about everything that's going on in… Advice to Senior Management: Keep increasing the company's focus on a few excellent products. At the same time, make sure it's possible for the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Amazing Experience & What A Great Brand!

Sourcer/Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Google

Pros: Fun culture and people are incredibly smart and passionate about work/life Lots of free food (be careful or you'll gain the Google 15) Flexible schedule (I… Cons: If you get in as a contractor at the wrong time it's impossible to get hire to FTE Not… Advice to Senior Management: Career paths for recruiters Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.