Google
4.2 of 5 2,087 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2087 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Google is an amazing place to work

Sales Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google

ProsAwesome environment with smart people. Love the campus, the free food, the gym, the bikes, the perks, the massage, the 401k match, the shuttle service, etc... Love the tech talks, author series, children's center. Openness and transparency with the management team is very useful to understand what's going on with the company. Lots of exciting products are being developed and Google is leading the way in which the internet, collaboration, and mobile applications are being used. The Children's Center is an awesome place for the kids and the majority of teachers are very experienced and knowledgeable about how kids learn and develop.

ConsLimited Growth potential since it is a flat organization. Google has very flat hierarchy and thus many senior people come in at a lesser job title. For example, many of my peers might have been Managers, VPs at their previous companies and now they are individual contributors and not managing or leading a team. I think Google could do a better job of improving job titles and also career progression even if it is the management of job titles. As another example, as a Sales Engineer, you could be at a level 4, 5, or 6, and still have the same job title of Sales Engineer... Maybe google should make it Associate Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Senior Sales Engineer.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue and maintain openness

Google is an excellent employer, definitely it's one of the best place to work

IT Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google

Pros: Great working environment. Meeting innovative engineers Cons: Too informal on the way some workers present themselves Advice to Senior Management: Less arrogance on the managers and directors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great place to work, but not for entrepreneurs

Associate Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Google

Pros: The food is great! The people are smart. There aren't a lot of stupid rules. … Cons: Very poorly organized. You're never sure what you should be working on or how you're doing. Everybody seems nice, but you never know what they're… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring people and organize the ones you have! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.