Google

There are newer employer reviews for Google

Great place for intern

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Kirkland, WA
Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Google as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Free food.
Free drink.
Gym, Game, everything.
Good work environment.
Flexible work hours.
Code review process.

Cons

Not too many things to complain.
It is the best intern experience I have ever had.

2954 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

6 year Googler

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone in engineering is very smart and nice. As a nerd, I feel right at home.
    Excellent benefits.
    Amazing infrastructure to do your job.
    Interesting problems.

Cons

Everything is pretty complicated so a lot of work goes into researching potential adverse interactions.

Google Offers Staff Made Me Miserable

Former Employee - Senior Google Offers Specialist in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Google Offers Specialist in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great facility with anything and everything you can think of. My team members were great to work with and there was a great positive energy amongst the sales team members.

Cons

Managers had their heads up their back sides. They lacked direction, clarity and felt that books were a better resource than experience. If the managers felt threatened by their employees they chased them out. A manager would fight for the people he liked and if he didn't like you he would ignore your emails and any possible contact. Leads were not assigned they were up for grabs. They would set people up for failure by giving new people old territories. It was not common to call a lead that already had been in contact with someone else months prior and the owner or manager would complain about duplicate calls and false promises. Even if the person would request to speak to a manager it would take 2-3 weeks to get a manager to call them back.

Get organized have a plan of action. Assign leads appropriately and recognize the ones that perform and not the ones that under perform. Do not promote people who did not hit their goal for 6 months in a row, while others who did, were let go. The slogans "We are Google" or "I went to Harvard" should not be used in terms of clients needing Google's service or that your sales experience is nothing because I have an MBA from Harvard. I used this phrase all the time when I interacted with my manager " So smart but your so stupid" The books may have taught you how to sell but if you dont pick up the phone and do it your guidance doesn't mean anything if you do not know how to overcome objections. As I said but "We Are Google" did not work with people. Put up or shut up!

There are newer employer reviews for Google