Google
4.2 of 5 2,285 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Google Offers Staff Made Me Miserable

Senior Google Offers Specialist (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat facility with anything and everything you can think of. My team members were great to work with and there was a great positive energy amongst the sales team members.

ConsManagers had their heads up their back sides. They lacked direction, clarity and felt that books were a better resource than experience. If the managers felt threatened by their employees they chased them out. A manager would fight for the people he liked and if he didn't like you he would ignore your emails and any possible contact. Leads were not assigned they were up for grabs. They would set people up for failure by giving new people old territories. It was not common to call a lead that already had been in contact with someone else months prior and the owner or manager would complain about duplicate calls and false promises. Even if the person would request to speak to a manager it would take 2-3 weeks to get a manager to call them back.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized have a plan of action. Assign leads appropriately and recognize the ones that perform and not the ones that under perform. Do not promote people who did not hit their goal for 6 months in a row, while others who did, were let go. The slogans "We are Google" or "I went to Harvard" should not be used in terms of clients needing Google's service or that your sales experience is nothing because I have an MBA from Harvard. I used this phrase all the time when I interacted with my manager " So smart but your so stupid" The books may have taught you how to sell but if you dont pick up the phone and do it your guidance doesn't mean anything if you do not know how to overcome objections. As I said but "We Are Google" did not work with people. Put up or shut up!

Good place to work but not much work to do

Programmer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Google full-time for more than a year

Pros: Free food, Massage centre, heavy facilities.Reputed company.Big company,friendly environment Cons: Not use of one's talent, not much work to do, Advice to Senior Management: Please it is good if you are installing so many facilities in… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Love the G

Hardware Operations (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Google as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Excellent and open work environment with brilliant people. Not like any place you've… Cons: nothing that I can think of Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.