Google
4.2 of 5 2,087 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2087 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Not quite paradise, but not bad either.

Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google

ProsThe perks and the people. Everyone knows Google so when you say you work there you don't have to explain what it means. The idea that when I checked in code to production, billions of people would be hitting it the next day - very heady.

ConsI got pretty chubby, but that's my own fault. The brutal interview process means people who work there all think they're hot stuff even if they aren't. Downright obnoxious people work there, there are no standards for managers. Everyone is working on 5 projects so nobody pays attention to everything they need to. Ultra-competitive, passive-aggressive culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of China until you can do it right. You shouldn't have grown so fast in '05 and '06, your culture went down the drain.

Google is a great place to work if you are competent enough.

Software QA Engineer (Current Employee)
Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Google

Pros: The benefits are awesome and work hours are very flexible. Cons: It's very competitive and it's getting too big. Advice to Senior Management: I think they are doing great. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great for a Big Company, but not the startup its trying to be.

Site Reliability Engineer (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google

Pros: The benefits and name recognition. Cons: Its a Big Company now, regardless of what the PR stories say. 20% time "exists" but I don't know anyone with a project. I used… Advice to Senior Management: Stop focusing on measuring how well we're doing and let us actually do cool stuff. Half my… More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.