Definitely cannot complain!

I have been working at Google

Pros

Great people, culture, mission, and perks.

Cons

Getting too big, lots of politics, and limited career paths for non-technical or non-engineering folks.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Unbelievable

I have been working at Google

Pros

So many to list, I love everything about working there! The people, the atmosphere, the flexibility of working hours, free meals, free massages, etc!

Cons

In my experience, I haven't come across any cons as Google really do take care of their employees. The work can be hard sometimes but I like challenges!

2. Bright, inspired people and great support

I have been working at Google full-time

Pros

Having an internal network of brilliant people is an amazing resource to tap into. Impossible ideas become possible and the company is built with so many tools to collaborate, connect, and execute on those ideas that you'd be foolish not to take full advantage of them.

I've learned that they really care about the people, taking many opportunities to gauge feedback and actually acting to improve things that move people ahead. There is internal career development and educational resources like you can't imagine. There's also an unbelievable amount of benefits regarding health that gives me no excuse not to eat better and get in great shape.

Pride is something that can't quite be measured, but I feel it here. Being a part of Google is extremely fulfilling and it makes you proud to share about with friends & family.

This box isn't big enough for all the things I could go on about.

Cons

You process over 10x as much email as you otherwise would with another company. I view this as a pretty fun challenge but I know it can bury some people. It isn't unheard of to have ~5-10K+ unread emails in a box...all somehow seeming urgent.

With 50K+ employees, it can be tough to navigate the structure when seeking an answer. People rotate through teams often and this means you have to be very resourceful and sharp to solve challenges in cross-product-team scenarios.

Thought it's fun and exciting to work here, you may find yourself looking at the clock to notice that you've been at work for 12 hours. I suppose this says something good about the desire to be there without counting the hours away, but takes its toll on your social & personal life schedule if you're not careful to balance it well.