Google
4.2 of 5 2,273 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Truly magical, but it can be a bit stressful

Mountain View, CA

ProsIncredibly smart, dedicated people working on amazing problems. Out of this world perks (if that excites you). Free food, snacks, dog-friendly, massages, etc you name it. And the opportunity to work with the most powerful data tools in the world!

ConsA bit chaotic with some pockets of unhealthiness. In a tradeoff for simplicity the organization is becoming more top down. You have less freedom to pick projects and transfers are becoming more difficult, and they were hard to beging with. You are measured by a perf cycle every quarter.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the path to simplification. And not just for external products, but for internal teams.

Doing hard time - but paid well for it!

Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Absolutely incredible pay + benefits - I'm making more than I ever imagined - #1 reason I haven't left Flexible work environment - not tied… Cons: Finance is a 2nd class function (at best) and in general has very limited power within the organization. This can make it difficult to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Satisfying work. Long hours.

Merchandising Manager (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time for more than a year

Pros: The perks are clearly a huge win, but the best part of working at google is… Cons: The relentless pace often means that you have to get things out of the door before they… Advice to Senior Management: Transparency down to lower levels around launches would be helpful. Also, forcing Android to act a little more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.