Google

www.google.com
  www.google.com
There are newer employer reviews for Google

Truly magical, but it can be a bit stressful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incredibly smart, dedicated people working on amazing problems. Out of this world perks (if that excites you). Free food, snacks, dog-friendly, massages, etc you name it. And the opportunity to work with the most powerful data tools in the world!

Cons

A bit chaotic with some pockets of unhealthiness. In a tradeoff for simplicity the organization is becoming more top down. You have less freedom to pick projects and transfers are becoming more difficult, and they were hard to beging with. You are measured by a perf cycle every quarter.

Continue on the path to simplification. And not just for external products, but for internal teams.

2799 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Google demands high-quality work with minimal training ("like drinking from a firehose"), but great, people and support!

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Google as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Because one is consistently surrounded by highly intelligent people, I found that there is more than ample opportunity to learn something new & exciting each day.

Cons

Though it may seem shiny and perfect from the outside, my experience working for Google was more like working for a cluster of small start-ups: inter-team communication was inconsistent and unreliable, bureaucracy was rampant even for small tasks/changes, and opportunities for growth or even lateral movement, both within and cross-team, weren't made apparent.

One of the best places to work

Former Employee - Associate Product Marketing Manager Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Google is a wonderful place to intern.

Cons

No Cons- I was finished with my internship and went back to school

There are newer employer reviews for Google