Google

www.google.com
  www.google.com
There are newer employer reviews for Google

The best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Google full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging work environment, you get to learn a lot, especially in the beginning, huge scale of the projects, incredibly smart people, cool office space, perks (stock option and bonuses) and (healthy and yummy!) food. Variety of domains and products, you can always find something for yourself if you decide to change the project.

Cons

Difficult to get a promotion (you may get frustrated after a while), often have to work late, working from home is rarely an option, not so many career opportunities outside Mountain View, the most interesting projects are focused there.

Reward long term and experienced employees.

2810 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Google Maps Contract Staff in Dublin

Former Employee - Local Data Quality Evaluator in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Local Data Quality Evaluator in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Google as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Not many - free food, some nice people to work with and the actual work was very easy when you take away all the obstacles

Cons

System that never worked. Was there 2 years and not a day went by where there werent some issues with the system.
    Performance based pay - different teams in competition with each other when all had very different obstacles to achieving a number. Different tool issues affecting people at different times and so never a true relection of peoples work and had to argue very hard in order to get heard. Taking on any extra work also puts you at a disadvantage as it is easiest to hit high numbers when you are just doing the basic work. Any special projects make it more difficult and so you are penalised for doing extra work.
    Managements attitude toward staff is a disgrace - if you have any sort of complaint or query you are earmarked as having a bad attitude. We were basically told we should be happy to have work and to just get on with it.

Value your employees a little more, do not treat them like second class employees because they are temp.
    Performance based pay will not work fairly until system issues are resolved and the targets are split between markets.

Google in my head

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Banjarbaru (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Banjarbaru (Indonesia)

I have been working at Google full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I Think is the best job to used it

Cons

I am not sure, because this company strong

Forward continues to develop ideas and creativity

There are newer employer reviews for Google