Google
4.2 of 5 2,084 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2084 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Google demands high-quality work with minimal training ("like drinking from a firehose"), but great, people and support!

Project Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Google as a contractor for less than a year

ProsBecause one is consistently surrounded by highly intelligent people, I found that there is more than ample opportunity to learn something new & exciting each day.

ConsThough it may seem shiny and perfect from the outside, my experience working for Google was more like working for a cluster of small start-ups: inter-team communication was inconsistent and unreliable, bureaucracy was rampant even for small tasks/changes, and opportunities for growth or even lateral movement, both within and cross-team, weren't made apparent.

Google cares about their employees

Site Reliability Engineer (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of perks and great work life balance! Google really cares about their employees and their products and it shows.… Cons: Sometimes you feel like a very small fish in a big sea. Promotion process isn't the best. I've… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company

Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Google as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Lots of people and very open Cons: Lots of pressure and quite corporate. Feels like a large… Advice to Senior Management: Make it straightforward for employees to change roles Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.