Google
4.2 of 5 2,284 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work provided you have a good role and department

Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

ProsSmart, driven colleagues, near limitless resources, ideal work environment, excellent work/life balance, international work opportunities, opportunities for growth (more intellectual than career)

ConsThe vast majority of the people who made Google what it is today have move on and in many cases have been replaced by cookie-cutter MBA types, ex Microsoft employees and management consultants. This combined with Google's massive growth (18k employees in Mountain View alone) has made it less of the agile innovator it once was but rather a techno-advertising behemoth.

Great learning from some of the best professionals in industry

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Some of industry's best professionals work here and are open to… Cons: Very competitive.. not great if you are unwilling to work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Initial team assignment will make or break you

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay, benefits, prestige. Could be worth a try. Cons: Company growing too big, still hard to move around regardless. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.