Google
4.2 of 5 2,280 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Nerdvana

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

ProsOutstanding technical environment. Lots of talented and super smart contributors. The perks are really nice: food, guest talks. 20% time for engineers to invent what they really care about. The company is trying real hard to do good for society and promote a progressive agenda.

ConsThe culture rewards the top performers. It favors young professionals who just graduated and have tons of time to dedicate to work. It is much more difficult for experienced contributors who have constraints outside the office: family, hobbies, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to recognize the contributions of those who work smarter, not just harder. And find a way to let those who cannot work 80 hrs/wk still feel like they can have a meaningful and recognized contribution.

Good place to work, not a startup anymore.

Internal Technology Resident (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fun, free food, awesome other perks, trust, transparency Cons: No longer feels like a startup. Management layer is thick. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company

Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time

Pros: Google offer an amazing work environment, with unbelievable perks. People around you are very smart Whatever you do in Google, you are probably working on (or… Cons: It is getting a little bit too political in Google, which I guess is only natural for 40K company. PMs tend to take a bit… Advice to Senior Management: Most middle managers are extremely overloaded and consequently ineffective in managing their teams. It is ridiculous to have any individual managing more than 10 direct… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.