Google
4.2 of 5 2,286 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Amazing internship opportunity

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

ProsYou're going to learn a lot about developing high-quality code at Google, guaranteed. Lots of experts around to help you, really great coworkers, world-famous benefits, and the expectation that you'll produce real code during your internship. I highly identify with their values and core mission, and most people there feel the same way. They also paid me a lot for an inexperienced intern.

ConsIt can feel slightly bureaucratic due to its size, but really not to a huge extent. I had maybe one 15-minute meeting per week, a couple HR things to deal with here and there, and that's it.

Great place to work provided you have a good role and department

Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Smart, driven colleagues, near limitless resources, ideal work environment, excellent work/life… Cons: The vast majority of the people who made Google what it is today have move on and in many cases have been replaced by cookie-cutter… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great learning from some of the best professionals in industry

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Some of industry's best professionals work here and are open to… Cons: Very competitive.. not great if you are unwilling to work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.