Google
4.2 of 5 2,273 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Super smart folks, but definitely feels like a big company

Engineering Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsGet to work with some of the smartest and best programmers in the world. Have your choice of lots of interesting teams to work on. Free food. Good pay, benefits, etc.

ConsIt definitely feels like a big company, which means it's super-easy to coast and not do a whole lot, and it's super easy to feel like you're working on a tiny part of a gigantic company. Lots of free food doesn't make up for that.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your engineers feel like the problem they're working on is important. If it's not important, then shut it down and focus them on something else.

Software engineer intern at Google!

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Leader in all web-based solutions like search, mail, etc. A very healthy work… Cons: None I can think of. The only downside (according to me, but can't be generalized) is Google is no longer is a… Advice to Senior Management: Its awesome! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fortunate.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The people, the culture, and the constant innovation - makes… Cons: We've grown too quickly, making it difficult to get things done as quickly as we were able to years ago. We've also… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.