Google

There are newer employer reviews for Google

Account Manager

Former Employee - Partner Manager in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Partner Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Flexibility
-Independence
-Great sense of camaraderie

Cons

There's a bit of a disconnect between product (Eng/PM) and operations. Somewhat bureaucratic.

2700 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

A great summer software engineering internship at Google

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere in Google's offices can best be described as "college-like." It's about as far from the Dilbert-esque corporate boredom as you could possibly get. The food was great, and while I stayed in the office for long hours every day, my work schedule didn't feel oppressive to me, simply because it was such a nice work environment. The meals, microkitchens, and enjoyment of just taking a break and walking around the building and finding random pool tables, porch swings, and napping pods made staying in the office an enjoyable experience--not to mention the challenging and interesting project that I was working on.

Cons

My biggest complaint with Google is linked to the college-like atmosphere--there is not enough space in the Mountain View office in which I worked. Our room had 16 people in it when there should have been no more than nine. To someone like me who is easily distracted by extraneous noise and conversation, I found it challenging to filter out the distractions of overhearing so many other conversations. I found it necessary to wear ear buds with good noise insulation, and to pipe white noise through my earphones, in order to concentrate well enough to be productive.

Great pay, great food, great coworkers

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People, environment, and pay/perks are great. They really spoil you. Projects are challenging so you really get to grow your skills daily. Coworkers are the smartest, funniest, and most conscientious I have ever worked with.

Cons

Pace can be relentless. Not a great place to move up the ladder because there is so much competition. Promotions to management seem pretty political. Your manager may not have any interpersonal and leadership abilities. If that happens, try to move on quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for Google