Google

www.google.com
  www.google.com
There are newer employer reviews for Google

Best company that I have worked for

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Research Scientist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very flat organization. Everyone gets to contribute. Fantastic co-workers and very talented work force. Free meals!

Cons

To much food!
Not many!

Don't let Google morph into the standard corporate environment. Continue to treat employees well.

2810 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Good & bad

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Google full-time

Pros

free food; smart people; overall interesting projects; flexible work hours (still long hours)
    The benefits and salary is very good but comparing to how much you end up working is not that lucrative;

Cons

- Managers are too busy to give feedback (only once a month). They are not on the same page with the lead and it's quite confusing what they're looking for sometimes.
    - They don't really put you in a team that matches your experience/interest. You can get stuck in a team for at least a year when you start working there
    - Extremely high workload

This is a great company to work for, unless you work for my manager.

Current Employee - Contract Attorney in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Contract Attorney in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Google treats it's contractors fairly well, giving them paid holidays (after 520 hours of work), access to the free food and the gyms, along with other great perks. It also fosters a creative, collaborative atmosphere and strives to give employees ownership over tasks and room to learn and grow in their careers.

Cons

My team's management is incompetent and strives to build walls between employees and contractors. They suffer from a lack of transparency, a lack of understanding about the specific work that we do, and poor communication skills. The end result is that an entire group of dedicated contractors now harbors a distrust and a dislike for Google.

Fire my team managers. They're a waste of money.

There are newer employer reviews for Google