Great place to work

Former Contractor - Test Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Former Contractor - Test Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great perks; food, gym, snacks, casual attire, fun environment, lots of company sponsored events

Cons

Like any corporation really, management seems to only care about what they can put on their resume. But since this is the case pretty much anyplace you work, hard to really state it as a con. Towards the end however, management started to micromanage a bit too much. This took away from the casual environment that once made working at Google so great, since employees felt emboldened and had better output.

Advice to Management

Lay off micromanagement.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Amazing

Current Contractor - Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA
    Current Contractor - Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Everything. Smart people, polite, friendly. Exciting projects and products. We get to learn so much about the tech industry and innovation.

Cons

Very seldomly, we run into bureaucracy, but thats common with large corporations. And since it is Operations, some of the projects we go into, the managers have no idea what we are doing. We all learn as we go.

Advice to Management

Have a little more insight on the project before we all dive in, which is just a minor suggestion.

2. Good place to get your feet wet

I have been working at Google

Pros

Fantastic perks, really smart people, and a great place to get started with a career. Overall, really enjoyed my experiences there and hope the best for the company.

Cons

One thing that Google does a bit is hire really smart people and put them into more basic positions. A lot of people that were there when I first joined on my team are now gone, as everyone has either left to another team or left the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep all employees really engaged.