There are newer employer reviews for Google

building SMB partnerships with Google

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Inside Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I work with are great. From everyone that I talk to, everyone says all the free food in the world can't replace the caliber of people one works with... I totally agree. Onsite massage therapist and all the food you can eat is great but the people I work with are smart, forward thinking, and thinking about what is best for the users and company.

Cons

Very fast paced. Reorgs all the time. If you're not proactively bettering your position in the company you can find yourself "reorg'ed" out of a position. Google Offers is an internal starup so very volatile.

Great job

2477 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Amazing place to work!

I have been working at Google

Pros

As other people mentioned before, the perks are amazing (food, shuttle, gym, massages, etc.) but the best at Google is the people. There is no "blame game" around. Everyone is working hard to help the company and the products to succeed.

Cons

The number of products and projects can be overwhelm. It's not easy to maintain a reasonable work-life balance.

Unlimited resources to change the world, if you want to be a cog.

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited resources. Leading products. Smart energetic co-workers. Great perks.

Cons

Competitive to a fault. The review process is entirely political. There's a echo chamber. Your individual contribution is probably irrelevant to the company as a whole.

Change the review process to acknowledge the importance of more than just code releases.

There are newer employer reviews for Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!