Google

There are newer employer reviews for Google

Its All about the Metrics

Former Employee - Recruiter in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Recruiter in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Perks! Team collaboration, transparency and trust from management to manage your business.

Cons

It is all about the Metrics. On top of achieving above your metrics you need to complete additional high profile projects to get exceed expectations on your performance review. This means you do work ALL of the time even on your vacations!! Most folks feel the burn out since you have to do this quarter after quarter. Especially a tough environment when you have a family.

You are doing a good job!! However, do ensure consistent quota setting across all teams doing similar work. Nothing is more demotivating than to run at 110mph and see another teammate doing similar work with less of a quota and performing at 50% of that speed, quarter after quarter.

2800 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

I left

Former Employee - Very Specialized in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Very Specialized in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great programs and some great people

Cons

Soem really entitled folks with a lack of real respect for others. A very political space.

Look at mid to upper managers and see what they are really doing about busting the norm or playing favorites.

It was an adventure

Former Employee - Technical Sourcer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Sourcer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It was great working here as I learned so much. If they see you are working hard they will stop at nothing to help you succeed at what you are doing. The free food, gym access, concerts, game rooms, and snacks are nice as well. They let you use the shuttles as free and they would like you to pay to use them but I never did like most contractors.

Cons

About 500 recruiters competing against you so makes it very rough. Some of them are not googly that they will step over you to get it the hire not you. Its so big you can get lost and not get noticed the whole year you are there.

Take the time to get to know your workers. I had the Director walk by me so many times and never even got a hi.

There are newer employer reviews for Google