There are newer employer reviews for Google

Everything you've heard and more

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in New York, NY
Current Employee - Software Engineer III in New York, NY

I have been working at Google full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great compensation, amazing perks, and incredibly passionate coworkers. While most companies will claim that people are their number on priority, Google is the only company I've worked at that actually delivers on this. My wife actually almost cried when she learned about the generous paternity leave policy and the "death benefit" provided by the company if anything should ever happen to me. It's overwhelming to see an employer go so far above and beyond just to make their employee's families lives better. I won't say too much about pay other than that my total compensation this year will be 2.5 times what I received at my previous employer ~2 years ago as a Software Engineer.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult for people who are used to being the "big fish" at their previous company to get used to the fact that they're aren't the leader of the pack anymore. Work/life balance at my old job was slightly better, but only because very few people had any passion for what they did so everyone was out the door as soon as they hit 40 hours and never answered email after hours.

Advice to Management

Don't get comfortable, keep pushing the boundaries.

Other Employee Reviews for Google

1. Really fun

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Has a very great facility that is applicable to any type of person. it is a very family friendly environment

Cons

there are not that many cons to this company. they provide a lot for their employees. Nothing to complain about

2. Excellent

Pros

Great culture, great perks. The work is challenging and rewarding

Cons

The only downside is the long hours (at times).

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feedback and be more transparent about what team they will be working on