Google
4.2 of 5 2,284 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Everything you've heard and more

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsGreat compensation, amazing perks, and incredibly passionate coworkers.

While most companies will claim that people are their number on priority, Google is the only company I've worked at that actually delivers on this.

My wife actually almost cried when she learned about the generous paternity leave policy and the "death benefit" provided by the company if anything should ever happen to me. It's overwhelming to see an employer go so far above and beyond just to make their employee's families lives better.

I won't say too much about pay other than that my total compensation this year will be 2.5 times what I received at my previous employer ~2 years ago as a Software Engineer.

ConsSometimes it's difficult for people who are used to being the "big fish" at their previous company to get used to the fact that they're aren't the leader of the pack anymore.

Work/life balance at my old job was slightly better, but only because very few people had any passion for what they did so everyone was out the door as soon as they hit 40 hours and never answered email after hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get comfortable, keep pushing the boundaries.

Employees are polarized

Manager, Media Platforms Solutions (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits, plain and simple. The stock still seems to have some legs.… Cons: Way too many middle managers. Employees are mired in cycles of performance reviews,… Advice to Senior Management: Cut back on hiring from Consulting or MBAs; go back… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Google stinks at aqui-hires

Server Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good salary, Excellent Benefits, Excellent Campus Cons: very slow to get anything done; you work for your OKR's… Advice to Senior Management: the best way to get something done at google is to disregard company policy as much as possible :( The internal… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.