There are newer employer reviews for Google

Associate

Current Employee - Associate  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Google part-time for more than a year

Pros

Cons

over time. amazing culture, good company, compatible work environment and work flexibility. I have loved to work for my company so far. It is a superb company

kjhl

2460 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

If you are acquired by Google...WATCH OUT! Wolf in sheep's clothing

I worked at Google as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

If you are acquired by google there are absolutely no pros to working there. They will treat you like an expendable line item on their budget form and they will work hard to keep you in the dark on everything regarding your final pay when your contract comes to an end.

Cons

Extremely poor communication, lack of access to resources, if acquired, you are a termed employee automatically, and told there is no opportunity to become full time. In addition, any perks or bonus pay to stay through out your term will be paid out not when they say they will pay, but whenever they want to pay. They will also restrict your ability to see your final paystubs to see your actual paychecks to verify that you are getting paid all money owed. It is a train wreck. What a joke! Only the only one who things it's funny is Google.

Deliver on what you promise. Actually value the employees that you bring on via acquisition.

Great!

I have been working at Google full-time

Pros

Free food is amazing.Great atmosphere, people work together and help each other. No strict rules on hours. Many tech talks that you can attend freely to learn.

Cons

Google is too huge that you will only be able to see a small small part of the whole company.

There are newer employer reviews for Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!