There are newer employer reviews for Google

Great company to get you spoiled on perks but culture is getting very corporate.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Google full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

High salary. Many perks. Great breakfast and lunch. Working with some very smart people. Learning all the Google technology. Free phone or tablet once a year. If you worked on a cool product and post on social media, you would probably have many followers. Company encourages employees to move around within the company. Free shuttle service to work.

Cons

Working with some very smart people can also turn into a bad thing because some smart people are real a** hole sometimes. Company is getting big and corporate. 20% project is available only when 100% is done. Performance review is still a mystery to me. I had gotten bad rating for working my butt off and good rating for not doing much.

2458 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Stay late, we'll take care of everything else

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and opportunities to network. Interesting projects and scope that is not available to many companies of a smaller size. Solid compensation for most positions.

Cons

Highly competitive workplace means that most people are working way more than 40 hours a week, while only getting paid for 40. More free food than anyone needs translates into expanding body mass. Not enough time to take advantage of all the gyms and perks that are around because there is always an urgent deadline.

Over worked contractors that have only been there 4 months don't make great mentors.The TVC model has does not retain top talent.

Amazing

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Google full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything about Google is amazing

Cons

Nothing about Google is bad.

There are newer employer reviews for Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!