Google
4.2 of 5 2,091 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2091 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great company to get you spoiled on perks but culture is getting very corporate.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Google full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHigh salary. Many perks. Great breakfast and lunch. Working with some very smart people. Learning all the Google technology. Free phone or tablet once a year. If you worked on a cool product and post on social media, you would probably have many followers. Company encourages employees to move around within the company. Free shuttle service to work.

ConsWorking with some very smart people can also turn into a bad thing because some smart people are real a** hole sometimes. Company is getting big and corporate. 20% project is available only when 100% is done. Performance review is still a mystery to me. I had gotten bad rating for working my butt off and good rating for not doing much.

A nice place, but in the South Bay

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Great benefits, reputation - Coworkers were wonderful, intelligent people - Many… Cons: - Commuting to the South Bay every day - Products continue to worsen, as… Advice to Senior Management: Let more folks work out of the SF office full-time!! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Company is so big, feel like a number....

Test Engineer (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I worked at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits are unmatched by other employers! Office environment is… Cons: After being acquired, I went from being recognized for my contributions to being a number. Hated the review process… Advice to Senior Management: Simplify the review process. The current evaluation process with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.