Google
4.2 of 5 2,280 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

They care about their people

ProsInsanely smart people everywhere (not just eng/prod). Looking for game changing ways to approach every problem. The food and shuttles are great benefits. You can end up working a lot but it's generally because you want to, not because you have to.

ConsHas lost the start-up culture. It's big, it's political and it's expected. It's a gigantic company and compared to overall revenues and growth the company has managed to stay as "un political" as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Good, but if you are remote, you don't fit in

Biz Dev (Former Employee)

I worked at Google full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great perks, great pay, neat to see what is coming… Cons: If you don't live close to an office, you can… Advice to Senior Management: Consider the offsite people if they are performing well. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Working with great people on exciting products, very satisfied.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Casual but fast-paced work environment, mobility, concern for work-life balance. Cons: Many technologies are Google-specific, would not necessarily translate well to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.