Google

www.google.com

I build things, and it's fun!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros+ Larry wants us to keep the soul of a startup, even though we no longer are one. In some teams, like the ones I've been on, this has been possible - going from an idea to millions of users on a new product in < 2 years. Twice.
+ Product areas work on complex problems with awesome technical infrastructure set up already!
+ Smart peers, awesome project, if you get lucky or a particular team wants you.

Cons+ Not-as-smart peers if you are not lucky, and possibly less-exciting projects, too. In this case you need to pay your dues on that project for 12-18 months, before being able to transfer.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnough with Google+ corrupting every single product in the name of Google+ success - I don't want a +Page for my YouTube account!

Awesome people. Awesome problems.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great coworkers, great food, amazing tools. Really the best place… Cons: You have to fight for the good projects. Everyone around… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It's a baller place to work. Cons: There's none i can think of Advice to Senior Management: Nothing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!