Google
4.2 of 5 2,099 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2099 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great company

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Google full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of smart people, fantastic perks. I learned more here than I have anywhere else in my professional history. The older teams, such as infrastructure and apps have people that can teach you more in an hour than you learn many places in your entire tenure.

Consmost of the technology is inhouse, and google faces problems no one else does, so what you learn is non-transferable. Offices outside of Mountain View are treated very poorly.

Amazing, Amazing. Love my work!

Visual Designer (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good work/life balance. I get to work with incredibly talented and driven people— no driftwood! Google is always working on a thousand different things, so… Cons: Because there's always so much going on, many projects get cancelled or re-assigned, which means there can be some… Advice to Senior Management: Keep driving innovation - things are going well. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

Software Engineer III (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great engineers, teaches best practices. Great perks, very comfortable. Cons: Hard to acquire breadth of knowledge if you haven't worked for a while. It's hard to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.