There are newer employer reviews for Google

What you've heard is true...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As far as big companies go, I'm convinced that Google is the best place to work. You simply cannot beat the quality of your coworkers, the perks, the benefits... Google is a company that truly cares for their employees.

Cons

It *is* a big company now. I happened to start in 2007, when my team was small and scrappy, which was challenging, but super fun at the same time. The company is certainly much bigger now, and that fun, small, scrappy feeling is fading.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Data Scientist, Big Data Analysis

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time

Pros

Everything is wonderful here! I'm very satisfied with my job and see a very successful future. The culture is wonderful.

Cons

Sometimes management can be problematic but there is very little I can sat that's negative about Google. People who work here understand it.

Everything you would expect, good and bad, but never dull

Former Contractor - Project Manager
    Former Contractor - Project Manager

I worked at Google as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are motivated to get things done, and path blockers can usually be detoured around relatively easily. Most of the groups I worked with are very focused and knowledgeable about their products/responsibility areas, and are usually very responsive. Not always the response you are looking for, but responsive all the same. Lots of intelligent people who are also lots of fun to work with. They work hard, and they play hard. There is definitely a sense of internal competition to be the better group/product/solution. Mountain View campus is absolutely amazing, from dining choices to personal amenities.

Cons

Frenetic pace may not be for everyone. Timid people, people who are easily frustrated, and people who have low tolerances for anything new/different/unknown won't survive for long. You have to be ready, willing, and able to make leaps of faith, fast deals and agreements, and keep up the pace or get left behind.