Google

There are newer employer reviews for Google

Awesome internship

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

You'll work with very talented and motivated people, lots of perks, state-of-the-art infrastructure. Having the opportunity to take a look at all the wonderful stuff they've developed and taking part in the creation of new tools and products is an amazing experience, especially if you're still in college.

Cons

I couldn't say. The internship can be quite demanding, but it really depends on your projects, your skills and how many weeks you're staying. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing either, but I'd be prepared to be quite busy for the duration of the internship.

2800 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Google is awesome

Current Employee - SRE in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - SRE in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging everyday work.
    Opportunities for professional growth (really, lots of tech talks, people like Sanjay Ghemawat, Rop Pike, etc that you can talk every day in the hallway, invited guests (like Joel Spolsky, Guido van Rossum)), tons of great trainings, interesting projects).
    Awesome perks.
    Again, great people working with you.
    Again, people who are really enthusiastic about work they are doing (e.g. we have weekly whisky meetings where we share and discuss work challenges, news and achievements while having glass of good whisky) We organize white paper read clubs and discussions, and so forth.
    Sergey and Larry entertaining you every Thursday discussing what's happening in the company and answering your questions.
    20% projects (they are not dead, you can always come up with creative and useful stuff and people welcome it).
    Strong nerdy/engineering culture.

Cons

Google is a big company now. It's not a startup and you won't be making $millions (but you will be comfortable).
    Sometimes management have product decisions that even most of Googlers do not approve.

Great

Former Employee - Software Engineer III in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer III in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great engineers, teaches best practices. Great perks, very comfortable.

Cons

Hard to acquire breadth of knowledge if you haven't worked for a while. It's hard to learn how to "do things" that apply to outside of Google if you work at Google.

There are newer employer reviews for Google