Google

www.google.com

amazing place to work at.

Current Employee - Operations Specialist  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Mountain View, CA

Pros

The best part about working at google is the culture. Everyone is friendly and amazingly smart which has inspired me to be innovative in the way I approach projects.

Cons

The only downside for working at Google is being surrounded by delicious free food which i always want to eat. I've gained some weight while working here but at least they have gyms to help you burn it off.

Other reviews for Google

As a contractor...

Former Employee - TVC  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - TVC in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Free (delicious meals). Great environment.

Cons

No benefits. After two years of working myself to the bone without claiming overtime, I felt disposable.

Recognize who deserves to be full time - especially after the long hours and full dedication. Not everyone deserves to be discarded so quickly. Some of us worked hard to be noticed and never had a chance.

Getting big and hard to get your voice heard

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Diversity and lots of talented people in there, management style of 7:1 and very each to communicate with manager and director, peers are wonderful and love the 360 peer review system

Cons

Organization gets too big and gets hard to stay in cozy start up environment during 2005 when I first joined. Some managers are getting less qualified as they are from top MBA schools, too much strategy talks but no implementations, too political sometimes!

get rid of those disqualified manager who's just there to play politics and pretending they care, but actually lack of technical skills, managements skill but just textbook knowledge from school

There are newer employer reviews for Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!