Google
4.2 of 5 2,086 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2086 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Excellent work environment but your relationship with your manager will determine your fate

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBrilliant co-workers, excellent perks, collaborative internal culture.

ConsAll things hinge on your manager and if they're not very good this will harm you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore oversight on low-level managers. They can ignore their responsibilities and suffer no consequences. Those consequences are borne by their direct reports.

It's been good as of now.

I have been working at Google

Pros: Smart colleagues, good food, good work environment, opportunities to do… Cons: It has grown too big. More

Great

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time for more than a year

Pros: Brilliant minds, lots of interesting work, nobody is bad at what they do. … Cons: There really aren't any. The commute maybe, depending on where… Advice to Senior Management: Googlers are users too. Internal feedback is often a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.