Google

www.google.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Google

It's a balanced company with an overall positive atmosphere and great perks. Some bureaucracy and politics are there to

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Former Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Google full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, I believe it's one of the best employers out there. Teams consist of great international people, fantastic personalities. Company's HR really makes an effort to create positive working atmosphere. Generally, there's a good push for life/work balance. I guess you all have heard about perks - it's not a myth either. Despite some cons, I highly recommend working there.

Cons

As with all large corporations, there's a growing layer of middle management. This means bureaucracy, politics and the need to promote the so called "personal brand". Some managers need more education on how to motivate people. Proposals may go through a lengthy approval process. Recruitment is rather slow as I remember it.

Constantly train middle management on people management skills and general human psychology. Create robust career development schemes.

3059 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Associate Account

I have been working at Google full-time

Pros

Everything above the bar of excellence

Cons

Google cannot have anything less than the best

A place where you can acquire top notch knowledge and make friends for life.

Former Intern - User Interface Designer in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Former Intern - User Interface Designer in Zürich (Switzerland)

I worked at Google as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome perks, inspiring colleagues (the person next you might as well have developed a programming language or two), people are welcoming and want you to have a great time.

Cons

Challenging to achieve a stabile work life balance. Hard to follow desired methodology because of time limitations.

Take initiative to ask your employee how s/he is doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Google