It's a balanced company with an overall positive atmosphere and great perks. Some bureaucracy and politics are there to

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Former Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall, I believe it's one of the best employers out there. Teams consist of great international people, fantastic personalities. Company's HR really makes an effort to create positive working atmosphere. Generally, there's a good push for life/work balance. I guess you all have heard about perks - it's not a myth either. Despite some cons, I highly recommend working there.

Cons

As with all large corporations, there's a growing layer of middle management. This means bureaucracy, politics and the need to promote the so called "personal brand". Some managers need more education on how to motivate people. Proposals may go through a lengthy approval process. Recruitment is rather slow as I remember it.

Constantly train middle management on people management skills and general human psychology. Create robust career development schemes.

Other Reviews for Google

Associate Account

I have been working at Google full-time

Pros

Everything above the bar of excellence

Cons

Google cannot have anything less than the best

Google Intern

I worked at Google as an intern

Pros

Great employee benefits, games and fun including complementary food, transport and gym. Good environment for networking and social events.

Cons

Difficult to get into company and also to move up when in. Does not appreciate people with language skills enough and values universities based on name rather than world ranking.

There are newer employer reviews for Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!