There are newer employer reviews for Google

Still great, but changing quickly

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart co-workers, unbeatable perks, innovation, and the feeling that the company will lead the technology world for a long time. Individual talent is usually respected and there is a great deal of transparency and open debate.

Cons

Increasing demand to achieve results is taking stress to uncomfortable levels, and some managers are having a hard time handling it. Difficult to move to a role out of your area of expertise.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to feedback about managers

reviews filtered by

My Review

Current Employee - SWE in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - SWE in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of free food. Lots of cafes. Lots of trees. Lots of fresh air. Lots of buildings. Lots of smart people to work with and hard problems to solve.

Cons

Campus is too big need to walk so far. Too many cafes to choose from. Too many buildings to visit.

Googly experience is very helpful in my overall development

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern (Graduate Student) in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

superb environment and facilities;
    great support to employees, such as workstation setup, ergonomic support, and experiment facilities training and support;
    various opportunities for life-long learning;
    good practices learned through the internship has a long-lasting effect on my further development;

Cons

All interns are talented but some might be too young to keep to socially acceptable conduct on and off the Google campus.

This year, some of my fellow interns have made a mess in the company-provided accommodation (which is btw an awesome flat with other friendly residents), and our neighbors are quite upset about the misbehaviors by my fellow interns.

I hope that Google can put more weight on overall personally in their candidate selection process.

Advice to Management