There are newer employer reviews for Google

It was a great experience.

Former Employee - Senior Strategist in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Senior Strategist in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You work with I highly educated, high achieving, highly motivated bunch of very cultured people.

Cons

The expectations to do great things is difficult for a career person who happens to have a family with you children. Time management is a must.

Keep Rocking! The OKRS are very helpful with individual alignment.

2581 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Still great, but changing quickly

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart co-workers, unbeatable perks, innovation, and the feeling that the company will lead the technology world for a long time. Individual talent is usually respected and there is a great deal of transparency and open debate.

Cons

Increasing demand to achieve results is taking stress to uncomfortable levels, and some managers are having a hard time handling it. Difficult to move to a role out of your area of expertise.

Pay more attention to feedback about managers

Googly experience is very helpful in my overall development

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern (Graduate Student) in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

superb environment and facilities;
    great support to employees, such as workstation setup, ergonomic support, and experiment facilities training and support;
    various opportunities for life-long learning;
    good practices learned through the internship has a long-lasting effect on my further development;

Cons

All interns are talented but some might be too young to keep to socially acceptable conduct on and off the Google campus.

This year, some of my fellow interns have made a mess in the company-provided accommodation (which is btw an awesome flat with other friendly residents), and our neighbors are quite upset about the misbehaviors by my fellow interns.

I hope that Google can put more weight on overall personally in their candidate selection process.

There are newer employer reviews for Google