Google
4.2 of 5 2,085 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2085 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great company to work at

Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google

ProsGreat pay, work whenever convenient for you. The free food is simply amazing. Lots of perks like massages, micro kitchens, tech talks. The tech stops and hardware depots are great assets, you can go pick up headphones or a new keyboard and mouse for office use. The work place is very open, interaction with other employees is very easy. It is filled with very intelligent and fun people. The company is very open, you can ask questions directly to the CEO or Founders during TGIF question and answer sessions. Interns don't get nearly as much perks and benefits as full time employees, but that's expected. Google probably has one of the highest pays for interns. It is definitely one of the best places to work at.

ConsPromotions don't seem to happen too often due to the fact that there is very short chain of command and little bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more incentive and encourage to do longer intern terms so they are not forced to work on small isolated projects most of time with little visibility to the rest of the engineers on the team.

The best things about working at Google are the people and the interesting problems!

Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google

Pros: The people and the problems. Saying that "the people" is the best reason to work for a company is cliche, but at Google it really… Cons: Sometimes it feels like success is made easiest for the 20 something single people. Those of us with a family seem to be at… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management likes to talk about how open the company is with its employees. In some ways, it is. But increasingly it feels like management… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

All in all, still a great place to work

User Experience Researcher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google

Pros: Working with talented, driven people who I can learn from every day Working in a place where I feel I'm making a difference. Working in a place… Cons: It can be hard to advance from one level to the next Senior management can… Advice to Senior Management: Let people do what they do best. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.