There are newer employer reviews for Google

Great company in every way.

Current Employee - Legal Intern in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Legal Intern in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is exceptional because it realizes the true value of human capital. Employees are treated well, encouraged to grow in their profession and experience work on projects outside of their normal expertise.

Working at Google is also an exceptional resume item, and regarded very highly by other employees (if you ever decide to leave)

Cons

I cannot think of any whatsoever. This company is superlative in every way. If I absolutely had to come up with a con, I would say that the worst part of working at Google is the innate guilt I experience when others talk about their jobs and then ask about mine. It is hard to have to explain to others how amazing a workplace Google provides, and to witness the incredulous looks others give.

(To explain why I am no longer working at Google - I simply left for another opportunity in a different area that Google does have, but I would love to one day return.)

Continue to maintain the learning, growing, employee-first culture that makes Google such an amazing professional environment.

2569 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Highly competitive

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Google as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There is no shortage of very bright people to bounce things off of and to give you really good feedback about the problems with which you are wrestling.

Cons

There are a few highly competitive people here that put their advancement ahead of getting the most out of the team.

We good do a better job about bridging the decision makers who lack knowledge of the capabilities of the technology and the technical folks who have to make design choices.

I was a software engineering intern that had a great time but didn't necessarily learn that much

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Google as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Culture, work environment, pay, benefits -- everything was generally pretty great. As far as work places go, there's not much to complain about.

Cons

Intern projects aren't always completely fleshed out, so in the case of what I worked on, it was very scattered and not terribly cohesive. The stuff I worked on, as well as what my team did in general, might've ended up just getting scrapped.

There are newer employer reviews for Google