There are newer employer reviews for Google

Great company in every way.

Current Employee - Legal Intern in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Legal Intern in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is exceptional because it realizes the true value of human capital. Employees are treated well, encouraged to grow in their profession and experience work on projects outside of their normal expertise. Working at Google is also an exceptional resume item, and regarded very highly by other employees (if you ever decide to leave)

Cons

I cannot think of any whatsoever. This company is superlative in every way. If I absolutely had to come up with a con, I would say that the worst part of working at Google is the innate guilt I experience when others talk about their jobs and then ask about mine. It is hard to have to explain to others how amazing a workplace Google provides, and to witness the incredulous looks others give. (To explain why I am no longer working at Google - I simply left for another opportunity in a different area that Google does have, but I would love to one day return.)

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the learning, growing, employee-first culture that makes Google such an amazing professional environment.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company, but horrible team

I worked at Google

Pros

Free food (Breakfast, lunch and dinner), napping pods, volleyball, basketball courts. Outdoor field, company events, free gym, lots of other perks. work-life balance, healthy food and snacks.

Cons

I felt that moving around involved a lot of politics. I always felt like my manager was trying to keep me and others from moving up on the chain. This was very horrible. After I got a new lead, it was a little better, but my time there was limited as I had already put in my 2 weeks notice just before I got my new lead.

Advice to Management

Encourage your employees to succeed. It makes for better performance and unique tools to be produced.

Great Company to work with

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Google full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, best in Industry salary, good work environment and area expertise.

Cons

getting too large and in the rat race.

Advice to Management

None