Google

www.google.com
  www.google.com
There are newer employer reviews for Google

Amazing place to work

I have been working at Google full-time

Pros

Challenging work with many different projects to work on.

Cons

None. You just have to be very proactive about advancing your career which I actually enjoy

2785 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Great company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Google full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing technology. Great environment to learn in. High expectations. You need to be able to upramp quickly and come up to speed on emerging bleeding edge technologies in short order.

Cons

The hours can be very long. Google has a strong Not Invented Here mentality. So you will work with a lot of Google-only code. Everything from the development environment, build system, code review tool, automated test tool are in house only tools. They are all custom developed.

Focus more on Mobile. Be careful not to be too distracted by the Google X projects.

Work hard, Play harder

Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Within my team, we have a particularly flat hierarchy, though it can be quite hierarchical when interfacing with executives above our team. We have opportunities for mutual feedback with coworkers, a strong focus on increasing team well-being/happiness, lots of team bonding events, and a high drive towards personal growth. The overall company has an atmosphere of conviviality that is energizing.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a bit difficult because of the pressure from executives outside our team; however, leads work to be role models of work-life balance in order to encourage associates to manage their schedules as necessary to protect personal happiness.

Continue to listen to Googlers when they raise issues: they are your pulse on the Google reputation. Keep the wonderful attention to culture!

There are newer employer reviews for Google