Google

www.google.com

Awesome

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Kirkland, WA
Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Kirkland, WA

Pros

They value your ideas. The employees were happy to work there. Awesome food, awesome people, awesome projects. Flexible working hours, and everyone were dedicated to their job!

Cons

Of course the expectations are high. It might be hard to work with people in different countries states when you work on the same project.

Keep up the good work!

Other reviews for Google

Great tech company and generally positive culture

Former Employee - Financial Analyst II  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Can't speak to whole company, but my team treated my well. Obviously a ton of perks/benefits and generally good comp. Very comfy living. Would be hard to leave here except to go to a startup.

Cons

You can get complacent. Climbing the ladder is becoming tougher and tougher. Expect a title downgrade if you come here laterally. Fair amount of bureaucracy, though not crippling given the size.

Contract position with Google

Pros

I got to work with some of the most amazing people, on an innovative new product.

Cons

I would strongly recommend against a contract position. Fact, they just aren't as invested in your development as they would be if you were an employee. I would recommend a full-time employee position at another company versus a contract position at Google. Do not accept a contract position with the mindset that you will be converted. The conversion rate is shockingly low.

My managers were alarmingly inexperienced. One was brilliant behind a computer, but had no clue how to interact with people, that's a problem when you are managing a team of over 20. My other manager (we were rotated between managers so often it was like a merry go-round)never took accountability for anything and was so inept, I could have done his job better.

There are newer employer reviews for Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!