Google
4.2 of 5 2,091 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2091 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Still a great place to work, despite the growth

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google

ProsYou're working with top people in the world, the culture is very very relaxed, flex time, great benefits, free food.

ConsThe environment has changed since the early days. This may just be Operations jobs and does not necessarily apply to all Engineering though. Even still it's a great job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore and more talented people are leaving for new startups or other areas of the company. I don't have a specific solution but the reason is that the place has become too bureaucratic and it is much more difficult to work on fun new projects in Operations.

Overall positive

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google

Pros: - The environment is casual yet competitive. - You get an… Cons: The organization is flat. Which also means that there is… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Work on creating opportunities for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fantastic opportunities, it's all up to you

Technical Solutions Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google

Pros: Plenty of self-directed time and energy. Great visibility into several core… Cons: Chaotic, lots going on all the time. Advice to Senior Management: Keep focused: actions speak louder than words. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.