Google
4.2 of 5 2,101 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

A great place for software engineers, but not researchers

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google

ProsTotal compensation is very good. Benefits are good, too. Free food, drinks, and stuff. Very flexible work environment. Flat hierarchy of management. Huge codebases to start with. Good for software engineers to develop skills. Good to put on resume.

ConsWork pressure is big. The company likes code better than research ideas. Research progress is slow due to the constraints on the tools.

Advice to Senior ManagementGoogle research can be more dedicated on advancing the state-of-the-art to compete with other industrial research labs such as Microsoft Research and IBM T.J. Watson Research Center.

Google IS All That

Senior People Programs Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Google

Pros: Delicious, healthy gourmet meals - for free Intelligent, hard-working co-workers who are all such interesting people with incredible talents beyond… Cons: Big company means that jobs become very specialized It's a bit chaotic - great if you are good with change and ambiguity - but some people… Advice to Senior Management: Stick to the core principles that make Google great and always take the high road Don't operate out… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Cool internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Google

Pros: - Great array of internal learning resources. - Great internship program, a lot of interns for all over the world. - Great… Cons: - Most tools used are internal-only instead of open-source, so you may not gain a lot… Advice to Senior Management: I like the way you take care of your employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.