Google
4.2 of 5 2,280 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

The highs and lows

Compliance Specialist (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

ProsThe people are the best reason to work here. I had yet to meet anyone that I would consider incompetent.

ConsCareer advancement and promotions are vague. Job titles mean nothing -- you can be doing something someone 2 levels higher is doing, but you won't get paid the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate better policies around advancement and promotions. Keep people interested by giving them work that matches their strengths and values.

Ok, not as great as the main campus in Mountain View

Seattle, WA

I have been working at Google

Pros: Overall an ok place to work. Good food, smart co workers. Fairly… Cons: The Seattle office is definitely more top down and autocratic than most other Google… Advice to Senior Management: stop hiring so fast More

Google IS All That

Senior People Programs Specialist (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Google

Pros: Delicious, healthy gourmet meals - for free Intelligent, hard-working co-workers who are all such interesting people with incredible talents beyond… Cons: Big company means that jobs become very specialized It's a bit chaotic - great if you are good with change and ambiguity - but some people… Advice to Senior Management: Stick to the core principles that make Google great and always take the high road Don't operate out… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.