Google
4.2 of 5 2,087 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2087 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Overworked

Developer Advocate (Former Employee)

I worked at Google

ProsGoogle takes care of almost all of your needs, from computer and ergo equipment to a ride to work, a rental car when you need it for an errand, and tons of free food. They do a great job at trying to remove any worries about life so you can focus on your job.

ConsThe downside is that you'll need to take advantage of all that because you'll be so busy with work. My experience was that doing well at Google took over my life completely while I was there, requiring me to work during the shuttle ride, at work and during lunches, on the shuttle ride home, and most evenings and weekends. When I talked to other folks inside the company, many of them agreed that they had the same experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company seems to be founded on the idea that if you hire smart people, you can run the company with a bottom-up, siloed strategy, and things will go well. But as the company has grown, a more top-down approach, and one that breaks down product silos, is becoming very important in order to take on major initiatives. I haven't seen the company address this growing need adequately yet.

Great place to work in spite of long hours.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Google

Pros: Abililty to have high impact. Terrific benefits / compensation. Brilliant co-workers. Cons: Long work hours. Lots of young people with no… Advice to Senior Management: The size fits all job descriptions don't work well in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Awesome work environment for flipping burgers

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Google

Pros: Great work environment, smart people, unlimited toys and food. Freedom, no… Cons: You might get allocated to a position that is below or mismatched with your skills. Since the majority of their software engineers are PhD's, there… Advice to Senior Management: Consider people's skills, background, and interests, when allocating them. The free food and toys… More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.