There are newer employer reviews for Google

Great

Current Employee - Intern in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Google

Pros

It is a great experience

Cons

There is absolutely no cons

reviews filtered by

phenomenal experience

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Google

Pros

yoy learn a lot, creativity is demanded, free hand is given to test your creativity, wonderful work culture, one of the best practises are followed.

Cons

too much stress full, always have to work hard, its like working madlly when u work and enjoying madly when u enjoy

clear line of communication is regarded, some formal hierarchy also needed, performance pay has to be more clear, more acceptance of flex time work

Pinch me. Is this a dream?

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Google

Pros

Three excellent gourmet meals a day (free), and the best food out of all the Google offices I've been to (including fresh-baked cookies during ice cream hour!). Tremendous opportunities for professional and personal growth with several tech talks and classes every week. Every aspect of the organization is cooperatively engineered, peer-reviewed, and open to feedback and iterative improvement. A high level of respect is maintained between peers and managers alike. Consistently high annual bonus. Aggressive 401k and donation matching programs. Salaries are substantially higher since November 2010 when the scale was significantly adjusted upward.

Cons

They spoil us. I'm glad I worked elsewhere between college and Google, otherwise I might not realize how great of a place this is to work. I'm on-call for several services for about 48 hours each month, though the pager is relatively calm. Google admittedly makes mistakes in hiring, often turning away good candidates if there's any doubt; as a result, many smart people are bitter about Google because they get turned down--but I encourage them to try again in a year or so. And if you wear Google-branded apparel in public, sometimes weirdos stop you and ask lots of bizarre questions about what it's like to work there.

There are newer employer reviews for Google